Search for new Fakenham council clerk
Richard Parr Fakenham Town Council is looking for a new clerk with a salary of up to £27,594.Details of the position are being advertised on the website of the Norfolk Association of Local Councils and the role combines that of town clerk with the post of Responsible Financial Officer.
Fakenham Town Council is looking for a new clerk with a salary of up to £27,594.
Details of the position are being advertised on the website of the Norfolk Association of Local Councils and the role combines that of town clerk with the post of Responsible Financial Officer.
The Council, described in the job advertisement as “forward looking and proactive” is looking for a “first class administrator”.
It says the clerk has responsibility for all the Council's functions as well as guiding the authority to achieve Quality Status. Applicants are required to have an all round local government knowledge with a sound financial background.
The person appointed will need to hold the Certificate in Local Council Administration or a Certificate in Local Policy (University of Gloucester) or be prepared to study for this. The salary range is £24,545 up to £27,594.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 7 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 8 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
The post has become vacant following the retirement earlier this year of the previous clerk, Christine Harrow. Jan Perfect is currently working in the role of acting clerk assisted on a temporary basis by Di Dann, dealing with the financial side.
Closing date for applications is November 3 and interviews are due to be held at the end of November. The successful applicant would be expected to begin work at the beginning of January 2009.
Details of the post can be seen by visiting http://www.ncaptc.gov.uk/
Application forms and an information pack can be obtained from Mrs Perfect at the council offices, Fakenham Connect , Oak Street, Fakenham, Norfolk NR21 9DY.
People interested in the post can contact Mrs Perfect for an informal chat on 01328 850104 (office hours 9.30am to 1pm Monday to Friday).