New 'secret' nature trail launched at Pensthorpe Natural Park
- Credit: Archant
Pensthorpe Natural Park hopes to get children away from screens and outside into nature this summer through its new Secret Garden Wildlife Trail.
Intrepid explorers can venture around the 700-acre park near Fakenham and enjoy a wide range of activities including pond-dipping, free craft activities, den building and storytelling.
The Pensthorpe Explorer off-road Land Rover experience is also set to return, allowing visitors to see remote areas of the estate which are inaccessible on foot.
General manager Martin Dupée said they want to "make the summer holidays extra special for families, especially after the last year, and take away the stress of trying to think of things to do to keep the children entertained that doesn't involve being in front of a screen."
The new trail will be open from Monday, July 19 to September 5 and all activities (aside from Pensthorpe Explorer) are included in the general admission charge.
You may also want to watch:
Adult tickets are £12.95, senior (60+) tickets are £11.95 and child tickets (3-16) are £11.95.
More information can be found on their website (www.pensthorpe.com).
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Road blocked following accident
- 4 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 5 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 From wartime heritage to modern dentistry: MP's summer in Norfolk
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 10 Your say: Would you like to see face masks made mandatory again?