Sites for sale at old RAF West Raynham
The last two areas of land still in Ministry of Defence ownership on the former RAF West Raynham base, near Fakenham, are being sold off.Sealed bids are invited for the two sites - the 15.
The last two areas of land still in Ministry of Defence ownership on the former RAF West Raynham base, near Fakenham, are being sold off.
Sealed bids are invited for the two sites - the 15.6 acre former explosives storage area in the southern corner of the airfield and about 39 acres of agricultural land.
Formal tenders for the sites must be submitted to the Defence Estates department at RAF Brampton in Cambridgeshire by the deadline of February 13. Already there have been expressions of interest in the sites.
At the end of the last year the entire former airbase (apart from these two sites now for sale) were purchased for a multi-million pound figure by property developer Roger Gawn. Mr Gawn also owns Melton Constable Hall and the Custom House at King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gawn immediately announced ambitious plans to restore the old base and bring it back into life. Within weeks he had made former married quarter houses, which for more than a decade had been left to fall into decay, available to buy and 25 properties were released for sale on a first come first served basis. The first people to occupy the home are expected to move in within the next few weeks.
Anyone interested in the two site now for sale should contact James Ryley, Defence Estates Operations North, Room F114, Building 351, RAF Brampton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 2EA. Mr Ryley can be contacted on 01480 52151 (ext 6880) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears