Volunteers needed to help pour a cup of kindness at open garden event
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk beauty spot is looking for kind-hearted volunteers willing to give up a few hours to help raise funds for the British Red Cross.
Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, will be opening its gates to the public on May 23 and 24 to host a Red Cross tea party, and organisers are appealing to local people to help man the kitchen and car park.
Paul Fleet, who is British Red Cross senior community fundraiser for Norfolk and Suffolk said: 'The British Red Cross is very well known for being an international charity, but we do many things in Norfolk, such as first aid tuition, emergency response and the hire of mobility aids that you cannot get on the NHS.'
Thanking the Stody estate, he added: 'Obviously, the more volunteers we have, the easier it will be for us, so any support would be appreciated.'
Anyone who can spare a few hours to help can phone Mr Fleet on 01603 253412, or email: email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Stody Lodge Gardens, including opening times, visit www.stodyestate.co.uk
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk