Garden owners 'thrilled' to be reopening in May
- Credit: Ian Burt
Visitors will soon be welcomed back to a garden known for its blazing array of colours.
Stody Lodge Gardens, near Holt, is to reopen in May.
The garden was closed in May last year due to the pandemic, and its owner, Kate MacNicol, said she was thrilled people would once again be able to enjoy the blooming rhododendrons and azaleas.
She said: “We really missed our visitors in May 2020 and are so pleased to be welcoming everyone back.
"The last year has taught us all the importance of the natural world – as a safe space to socialise but also as a huge source of mental and physical well-being when both of these have been threatened by the global pandemic."
You may also want to watch:
The gardens will host two special events; a Rainbow Garden Party on May 22 and a Classic Vehicle Day on May 30.
The gardens are opening from Sunday, May 2 and will open every Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 1pm to 5pm, as well as Monday, May 17 to Friday, May 21. Entrance is £8, and timed entry slots are not needed.
For more information, visit www.stodylodgegardens.co.uk
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state