WATCH: Tawny owl stays calm as anti-social jays make mayhem
- Credit: Sculthorpe Moor Hawk and Owl Trust
The coolest bird in Norfolk has been spotted at Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.
A Tawny owl kept its head despite the best effort of persistent Jays, who did their best to remove the owl from out of their box at the Hawk and Owl Trust.
The incident which was caught on camera shows a pair of Jays mobbing the owl to try and get it away from the box.
Aidan Blumfield, operations director at Sculthorpe said the Jays was trying to get the owl out to see if there were any eggs, or youngs living in there.
However, the birds were a little late with their efforts, as the camera was on this box observing the young Tawny which had fledged from there about a week ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Blumfield said the owl kept their cool because it knew it was bigger and had ‘the upper hand’.
“It’s a really nice piece of fun footage which is interesting to people, that is why we put it up,” he said.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 5 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 10 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'