WATCH: Dramatic scenes as teenage girls in inflatable kayak are rescued by RNLI off Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
The Hunstanton RNLI has been praised on social media after rescuing three teenage girls who were struggling against the tide off the north Norfolk coast.
A crew was called out to help the girls who were off Brancaster in their inflatable kayak on Sunday afternoon.
Susan Wells said on Facebook: “Well done lads yet again.”
Peter Burnham added: “The answer to why are they so far out is that they were blown out by off-shore winds. There may be little wind by the beach when blowing off-shore but it will ramp up further out.”
Liz Livock added: “Thank God you guys responded so swiftly. Without you, the outcome would most probably have been very different.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Brotherhood said: “Fabulous job crew.”
And Beryl English added: “You are all very brave and good people.”
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'