WATCH: Dramatic scenes as teenage girls in inflatable kayak are rescued by RNLI off Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
The Hunstanton RNLI has been praised on social media after rescuing three teenage girls who were struggling against the tide off the north Norfolk coast.
A crew was called out to help the girls who were off Brancaster in their inflatable kayak on Sunday afternoon.
Susan Wells said on Facebook: “Well done lads yet again.”
Peter Burnham added: “The answer to why are they so far out is that they were blown out by off-shore winds. There may be little wind by the beach when blowing off-shore but it will ramp up further out.”
Liz Livock added: “Thank God you guys responded so swiftly. Without you, the outcome would most probably have been very different.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Brotherhood said: “Fabulous job crew.”
And Beryl English added: “You are all very brave and good people.”
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages