WATCH: Dramatic scenes as teenage girls in inflatable kayak are rescued by RNLI off Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
The Hunstanton RNLI has been praised on social media after rescuing three teenage girls who were struggling against the tide off the north Norfolk coast.
A crew was called out to help the girls who were off Brancaster in their inflatable kayak on Sunday afternoon.
Susan Wells said on Facebook: “Well done lads yet again.”
Peter Burnham added: “The answer to why are they so far out is that they were blown out by off-shore winds. There may be little wind by the beach when blowing off-shore but it will ramp up further out.”
Liz Livock added: “Thank God you guys responded so swiftly. Without you, the outcome would most probably have been very different.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Brotherhood said: “Fabulous job crew.”
And Beryl English added: “You are all very brave and good people.”
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn