WATCH: Dramatic scenes as teenage girls in inflatable kayak are rescued by RNLI off Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
The Hunstanton RNLI has been praised on social media after rescuing three teenage girls who were struggling against the tide off the north Norfolk coast.
A crew was called out to help the girls who were off Brancaster in their inflatable kayak on Sunday afternoon.
Susan Wells said on Facebook: “Well done lads yet again.”
Peter Burnham added: “The answer to why are they so far out is that they were blown out by off-shore winds. There may be little wind by the beach when blowing off-shore but it will ramp up further out.”
Liz Livock added: “Thank God you guys responded so swiftly. Without you, the outcome would most probably have been very different.
You may also want to watch:
Kathy Brotherhood said: “Fabulous job crew.”
And Beryl English added: “You are all very brave and good people.”
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk