North Norfolk theatre company raring to get back on stage
- Credit: Archant
Hot off winning an award from their last production, one Norfolk theatre company can’t wait to get back on stage.
Fakenham & District Light Operatic Society (FADLOS) had just won a technical award for their production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang from the National Operatic and Dramatic Association. However, plans for their next musical have been postponed.
Fakenham’s multi-award winning amateur theatrical company was weeks away from opening their production of the hit musical Chicago. But, with current restrictions, the show is on hold.
FADLOS have been entertaining its Fakenham audience since 1967. Over this period, the group has fortunately managed to accumulate sufficient resources to be able to survive this enforced period of inactivity.
FADLOS’ plans now shift towards mounting major shows in December and next May, with more details coming shortly.
You may also want to watch:
When the restrictions are eventually lifted, the group are raring to get back on stage and provide some much-needed live entertainment.
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 8 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub