Nearly 500 dancers audition for this year’s Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Archant
While most of us are turning our attention to the beach, barbecues and lazy summer days, some are already giving thought to Christmas.
It comes after hundreds of dancers auditioned for the famous Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
More than 480 professionals turned out to audition, all hoping to high kick, tap or pirouette their way to a spot in this year’s event.
A spokesperson for the show said there had been “such an incredibly high standard on display” but following two “gruelling” days of rehearsals, the panel appointed 23 dancers.
Running for six weeks during the festive season, the three-hour long show will play November 6 to December 23, with many performances already sold out.
You may also want to watch:
The Thursford Christmas Spectacular has become one of the most anticipated festive events in East Anglia, having attracted audiences from across the country during its 41-year history.
This year’s dance troupe will be the biggest ever to perform at the show and will comprise of professional dancers, many of whom have performed on the nation’s most coveted stages and are recognised West End performers.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
For more information visit www.thursford.com/christmas-spectacular or ring 01328 878477.