‘Truly fantastic’ - Team behind £5m Wells Maltings revamp win top award
- Credit: Archant
The team behind a £5 million revamp of the Wells Maltings are jubilant after winning a prestigious construction award.
Quality surveyors and project managers Daniel Connal Partnership (DCP) was given the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) East of England award for community benefit, for their work on the Maltings, which reopened in September last year.
Robert Dale, senior partner at DCP, which has offices in Norwich, Colchester and London, said: "We are incredibly proud to have been involved in the complete restoration and extension of this much-loved but time-worn historic asset.
"And for it to be recognised by RICS, is a huge achievement for the team.
"The scheme has been a community project from the outset and to see it being embraced as a sustainable and exciting destination is truly fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
In its first 20 weeks after reopening the Grade II-listed arts and heritage venue attracted more than 3,000 visitors, showcased 90 separate live events and hired out facilities to 15 new community groups.
All category winners will go through to the RICS Awards 2019 grand final in London on the November 8 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk