‘Truly fantastic’ - Team behind £5m Wells Maltings revamp win top award
- Credit: Archant
The team behind a £5 million revamp of the Wells Maltings are jubilant after winning a prestigious construction award.
Quality surveyors and project managers Daniel Connal Partnership (DCP) was given the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) East of England award for community benefit, for their work on the Maltings, which reopened in September last year.
Robert Dale, senior partner at DCP, which has offices in Norwich, Colchester and London, said: "We are incredibly proud to have been involved in the complete restoration and extension of this much-loved but time-worn historic asset.
"And for it to be recognised by RICS, is a huge achievement for the team.
"The scheme has been a community project from the outset and to see it being embraced as a sustainable and exciting destination is truly fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
In its first 20 weeks after reopening the Grade II-listed arts and heritage venue attracted more than 3,000 visitors, showcased 90 separate live events and hired out facilities to 15 new community groups.
All category winners will go through to the RICS Awards 2019 grand final in London on the November 8 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 4 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening