‘Truly fantastic’ - Team behind £5m Wells Maltings revamp win top award
- Credit: Archant
The team behind a £5 million revamp of the Wells Maltings are jubilant after winning a prestigious construction award.
Quality surveyors and project managers Daniel Connal Partnership (DCP) was given the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) East of England award for community benefit, for their work on the Maltings, which reopened in September last year.
Robert Dale, senior partner at DCP, which has offices in Norwich, Colchester and London, said: "We are incredibly proud to have been involved in the complete restoration and extension of this much-loved but time-worn historic asset.
"And for it to be recognised by RICS, is a huge achievement for the team.
"The scheme has been a community project from the outset and to see it being embraced as a sustainable and exciting destination is truly fantastic."
You may also want to watch:
In its first 20 weeks after reopening the Grade II-listed arts and heritage venue attracted more than 3,000 visitors, showcased 90 separate live events and hired out facilities to 15 new community groups.
All category winners will go through to the RICS Awards 2019 grand final in London on the November 8 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'