Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- Credit: Archant 2022
Someone has been seriously injured in a four-vehicle crash on a busy road between Norwich and Fakenham.
Police, fire and ambulance crews are currently on the scene on the A1067 (Fakenham Road) near Sparhamhill.
Police were called at 11.15am to reports of a crash between four vehicles including a lorry.
The fire service was called at 11.20am and a number of crews are attending.
Fire crews made the scene safe and released vehicle occupants using hydraulic release equipment.
The road reopened at about 7.30pm.
Heavy traffic affected the area, with queues on both sides of the road from Lyng Road in Sparhamhill to Porter's Lane in Lenwade.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 3 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 4 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 5 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 6 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 7 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 8 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 9 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 10 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
Surrounding roads were also affected.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.