Seven night A47 closure as resurfacing work begins
- Credit: Highways England
Two sections of the A47 will be closed in both directions for seven nights as part of resurfacing works, starting this week.
Highways England will be closing a 1.3 mile stretch of the A47 between Easton and Honningham roundabout for three nights this month while the stretch of road between the Norwich Road roundabout and Pikenham will also be shut off to traffic for three nights.
Signs had been placed on the Easton and Honningham roundabouts, but Highway England has confirmed they are displaying the wrong dates.
The company is aware of the signs and has said they will be removed.
The works, which will see the sections of road closed in both directions between 8pm and 6am, will focus on repairing and reconstructing the road along with resurfacing.
You may also want to watch:
Works between Norwich Road and Pickenham will take place on the evenings of December 8, 9 and 10 while the Honingham to Easton works will go ahead on December 11, 14 and 15.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Jubilant 'Fellaton' cyclists raise £43k for charities after epic journey