Norfolk morning traffic: A47 reopens after overnight closure
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Norfolk's roads have had a relatively quiet start to Wednesday, with no major problems reported as of 7.30am.
The overnight road closure in one direction on the A47 Norwich Southern Bypass - which is creating a 16.5 mile diversion for drivers - was lifted at 6am.
Those closures, from Postwick to Thickthorn, are in place from 8pm until 6am, every day until Friday, May 28.
Drivers are facing delays on the A47 Acle Straight and at the A146 at Framingham Pigot.
Elsewhere, Palace Street in Norwich is partially shut, so that £110,000 of work to fix pavements can be done.
The inbound lane, for traffic heading towards Tombland, is closed for the duration of the works, which started at 6am on Monday and run until Saturday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
Part of the road on to the high street in Wymondham remains closed for essential drainage maintenance.
It began on May 3, and is expected to run through until June 9.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Jubilant 'Fellaton' cyclists raise £43k for charities after epic journey
Traffic can still access Market Street as the one-way system on Fairland Hill has been reversed, meaning drivers can avoid the closed part of Fairland Street and still access the town centre.
Overnight road closures of the A11, from the Snetterton junction to Attleborough, from 8pm to 6am, are continuing until Wednesday, June 16.
• For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest news on the county's roads.