A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed