A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- Credit: Google
A section of the A148 in West Norfolk will be closed for most of the morning after a "serious" crash early this morning.
Police said the road would be closed at the village of Hillington, near King's Lynn, between the B1440 and the B1153, "due to a serious road traffic collision".
Firefighters from King's Lynn North and Sandringham were also called to the scene at around 2.30am this morning to assist police.
Drivers are urged to avoid the area as the road will be closed "for most of the morning". Police said they expect the road to remain shut until around midday.
A diversion is in place.
As a result of the accident, Konectbus said its 20A Dereham schools service due to start at Great Massingham at 7.10am would begin instead from Swaffham at 7.27am.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Concerns as Delta variant fuels rise in Norfolk Covid cases