Norfolk traffic update: delays continue in rush hour due to A47 and city works
- Credit: Archant
Commuters can expect further delays on the A47 and in the city centre as they make their ways home.
There is congestion on the A47 eastbound between the A11 and the junction with the A140, with delays expected of around 10 minutes.
Small queues are also building westbound between the A1042 and the junction with the A146, with delays of 10 minutes also expected, however these will worsen as rush hour approaches.
Those wishing to avoid the A47 delays should not head into the city via Thorpe St Andrew by turning right on the A147 at Carrow Road, as roadworks began in Thorpe Road today.
Konectbus has already issued a warning to its users saying "heavy traffic" around the A47 and Thorpe Road will mean service delays.
The operator has split its route into two sections, Stalham to Norwich St Stephen's Street and Norwich St Stephen's Street to Eaton, there will be no direct connections.
You may also want to watch:
On the A11 entering Norwich there are also small queues after the Thickthorn roundabout.
Elsewhere in the county there are delays coming in and out of Great Yarmouth via the A47.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome