Norfolk traffic update: delays continue in rush hour due to A47 and city works
- Credit: Archant
Commuters can expect further delays on the A47 and in the city centre as they make their ways home.
There is congestion on the A47 eastbound between the A11 and the junction with the A140, with delays expected of around 10 minutes.
Small queues are also building westbound between the A1042 and the junction with the A146, with delays of 10 minutes also expected, however these will worsen as rush hour approaches.
Those wishing to avoid the A47 delays should not head into the city via Thorpe St Andrew by turning right on the A147 at Carrow Road, as roadworks began in Thorpe Road today.
Konectbus has already issued a warning to its users saying "heavy traffic" around the A47 and Thorpe Road will mean service delays.
The operator has split its route into two sections, Stalham to Norwich St Stephen's Street and Norwich St Stephen's Street to Eaton, there will be no direct connections.
You may also want to watch:
On the A11 entering Norwich there are also small queues after the Thickthorn roundabout.
Elsewhere in the county there are delays coming in and out of Great Yarmouth via the A47.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Jubilant 'Fellaton' cyclists raise £43k for charities after epic journey