Road closures in Wells due to sea defence testing
- Credit: Google Maps
Roads will be closed in Wells on Thursday to allow for sea defence testing in the town.
There will be no access between Freeman Street and The Quay from 5am to 11am on October 7.
Traffic will be able to access Beach Road from Freeman Street.
The East Anglian branch of the Environment Agency is carrying out routine testing of the winching mechanism at the Wells Gate flood defence.
A spokesperson from the Environment Agency said: "The tests are part of our normal training that we conduct every year in the Wells area to ensure the flood gate mechanisms are working correctly.
"The tests and training will be carried out by our operations team in order to ensure everything is working properly ahead of winter when flooding is more likely.
"Our operations staff will also be trained to ensure they are prepared in case of any incident response."
- 1 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 9 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 10 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000