A148 closed for emergency roadworks
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A burst water main has forced the emergency closure of the A148 this morning.
Police said shortly after 8.30am on Friday that the road was closed at West Rudham, between Fakenham and King's Lynn, and that diversion signs had been put in place.
Barriers are in place on the road, where parts of the road surface have already been dug up.
Anglian Water engineers will be on site to carry out repairs to the water main, with the road closed while work is completed.
Emergency access will be maintained at all times.
Drivers heading eastbound are advised to follow a signed diversion route, which takes them along the B1153 past Great Bircham and Bircham Tofts, before turning right on the B1454 until rejoining the A148 at Coxford.
Westbound motorists can follow the same route in reverse.
Keep track of the state of Norfolk's roads with our LIVE traffic map.
- 1 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 First baby lobsters from Wells hatchery returned to the sea
- 4 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 Your say - Your favourite landmark in North Norfolk
- 7 Your say - Fakenham's thoughts on 'firebreak' lockdown
- 8 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 9 Fakenham Beer and Gin Festival finally set to return
- 10 Memorial match remembers former headmaster and rugby player