Travel agent moving to a new unit in town
- Credit: Archant
An empty shop unit in Miller’s Walk, Fakenham, will soon be filled by a travel agent, relocating from elsewhere in the town.
Hays Travel is moving out of its Norwich Street store, where there has been a travel agent for the last 21 years. They are expanding into a larger unit in the arcade, adding a larger bureau and more facilities.
Store manager Sharon Wright said: "We have just taken on an apprentice from the high school and a foreign exchange cashier because we will soon have more room for them to work in.
"My assistant manager Jenny has seen many changes over the 13 years she has been at the store. I have worked in Fakenham most of my adult life, and I'm very excited after such a long time in travel to open a new store.
"We are all looking forward to being in a busier location, and think there is plenty more potential to do even more in the town!"
You may also want to watch:
The new premises will open on Thursday August 8.
- 1 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 2 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 5 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 8 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 9 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 10 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub