Travel agent moving to a new unit in town
- Credit: Archant
An empty shop unit in Miller’s Walk, Fakenham, will soon be filled by a travel agent, relocating from elsewhere in the town.
Hays Travel is moving out of its Norwich Street store, where there has been a travel agent for the last 21 years. They are expanding into a larger unit in the arcade, adding a larger bureau and more facilities.
Store manager Sharon Wright said: "We have just taken on an apprentice from the high school and a foreign exchange cashier because we will soon have more room for them to work in.
"My assistant manager Jenny has seen many changes over the 13 years she has been at the store. I have worked in Fakenham most of my adult life, and I'm very excited after such a long time in travel to open a new store.
"We are all looking forward to being in a busier location, and think there is plenty more potential to do even more in the town!"
You may also want to watch:
The new premises will open on Thursday August 8.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 10 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead