Two men hospitalised with facial injuries after assault in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Two men have been hospitalised after being assaulted in Fakenham in a sustained attack that saw them punched and kicked as they lay on the ground.
A man in his teens was grabbed by the neck and punched in the face after being approached by a group of men in an alleyway in the early hours of Sunday, December 17.
A man who tried to help was also punched in the face.
The attack continued into the Market Place where the suspects punched and kicked the victims as they lay on the ground.
Both men escaped the assault in a taxi and were taken to hospital suffering head and facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, in their 20s and 40s, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
They have both been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 2 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 5 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 6 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.