Two men hospitalised with facial injuries after assault in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Two men have been hospitalised after being assaulted in Fakenham in a sustained attack that saw them punched and kicked as they lay on the ground.
A man in his teens was grabbed by the neck and punched in the face after being approached by a group of men in an alleyway in the early hours of Sunday, December 17.
A man who tried to help was also punched in the face.
The attack continued into the Market Place where the suspects punched and kicked the victims as they lay on the ground.
Both men escaped the assault in a taxi and were taken to hospital suffering head and facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, in their 20s and 40s, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
They have both been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 3 Pints, pups and haircuts - Dereham delight at April 12 reopening
- 4 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 5 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 6 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Who are candidates to be Norfolk's new police and crime commissioner?
- 9 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.