Two men hospitalised with facial injuries after assault in Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Two men have been hospitalised after being assaulted in Fakenham in a sustained attack that saw them punched and kicked as they lay on the ground.
A man in his teens was grabbed by the neck and punched in the face after being approached by a group of men in an alleyway in the early hours of Sunday, December 17.
A man who tried to help was also punched in the face.
The attack continued into the Market Place where the suspects punched and kicked the victims as they lay on the ground.
Both men escaped the assault in a taxi and were taken to hospital suffering head and facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, in their 20s and 40s, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
They have both been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 9 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward by calling 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.