‘The best we’ve ever done’ - youth football cup chairman on event’s success
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a youth football cup for hundreds of children across East Anglia have said this year’s event was their best so far.
The Van Shop Cup was held at Fakenham's Clipbush Park, from Saturday, June 22 to Sunday, June 23, and saw more than 950 children compete in mixed teams.
Tournament committee chairman James Page said: "It's been the best one we've ever done. I think the team of organisers make it.
"They're great, and all the families get involved.
"You can't speak highly enough of them. They never let you down."
You may also want to watch:
The under eights were won by the Costessey Hawks, the under nines by the Stalham Fires, and the under tens by the Isleham Blacks.
While Feltwell took top place for the under 11s, Taverham Hotspurs for the under 12s, and Fakenham Town for the under 13s.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 10 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
The under 14s was won by the Sprowston Eagles and the under 15s champions were the Old Catton Tigers.