‘The best we’ve ever done’ - youth football cup chairman on event’s success
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a youth football cup for hundreds of children across East Anglia have said this year’s event was their best so far.
The Van Shop Cup was held at Fakenham's Clipbush Park, from Saturday, June 22 to Sunday, June 23, and saw more than 950 children compete in mixed teams.
Tournament committee chairman James Page said: "It's been the best one we've ever done. I think the team of organisers make it.
"They're great, and all the families get involved.
"You can't speak highly enough of them. They never let you down."
The under eights were won by the Costessey Hawks, the under nines by the Stalham Fires, and the under tens by the Isleham Blacks.
While Feltwell took top place for the under 11s, Taverham Hotspurs for the under 12s, and Fakenham Town for the under 13s.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 10 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
The under 14s was won by the Sprowston Eagles and the under 15s champions were the Old Catton Tigers.