‘The best we’ve ever done’ - youth football cup chairman on event’s success
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a youth football cup for hundreds of children across East Anglia have said this year’s event was their best so far.
The Van Shop Cup was held at Fakenham's Clipbush Park, from Saturday, June 22 to Sunday, June 23, and saw more than 950 children compete in mixed teams.
Tournament committee chairman James Page said: "It's been the best one we've ever done. I think the team of organisers make it.
"They're great, and all the families get involved.
"You can't speak highly enough of them. They never let you down."
You may also want to watch:
The under eights were won by the Costessey Hawks, the under nines by the Stalham Fires, and the under tens by the Isleham Blacks.
While Feltwell took top place for the under 11s, Taverham Hotspurs for the under 12s, and Fakenham Town for the under 13s.
- 1 Dog groomer's concerns as lockdown sees spike in training online
- 2 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork
- 3 North Norfolk clash over budget as its share of council tax is frozen
- 4 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
- 5 Plans to turn former Barclays bank into dental practice
- 6 Church makes history with first confirmation service in over 100 years
- 7 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls
- 8 Bid for £6m so towns and villages can combat flooding
- 9 Basements flooded and road shut after highest rainfall for 100 years
- 10 'Great to have a date in the diary' - Fakenham reacts to PM's roadmap
The under 14s was won by the Sprowston Eagles and the under 15s champions were the Old Catton Tigers.