Volunteers boost Wells community hall
A one day DIY challenge has helped transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.On Saturday a team of volunteers gave up their time to revamp the facilities at the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall.
A one-day DIY challenge has helped to transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.
A team of volunteers gave up their time on Saturday to revamp the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall, in Clubbs Lane. Using donated products, the team made quick work of what could otherwise have been a time-consuming and costly job.
The project was led by Hill Partnerships, a contractor that has been working at Wells fitting new kitchens and bathrooms for residents of Victory Housing Trust.
While working there, regional director James Ellis heard about the work the local community was trying to do improve the dilapidated hall and got his team and suppliers involved.
You may also want to watch:
The team painted, decorated and fitted out the kitchen with the help of plumber Simon Johnson.
Mr Ellis said: “Without the hard work of my team and the generous donations from our supply chain we could not have achieved this.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
“We all had a great day, and it was immense fun for good measure. I know it will make a real difference to the local community.”
The memorial hall is used for a range of community activities, with a particular emphasis on promoting health and wellbeing.