Volunteers boost Wells community hall
A one day DIY challenge has helped transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.On Saturday a team of volunteers gave up their time to revamp the facilities at the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall.
A one-day DIY challenge has helped to transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.
A team of volunteers gave up their time on Saturday to revamp the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall, in Clubbs Lane. Using donated products, the team made quick work of what could otherwise have been a time-consuming and costly job.
The project was led by Hill Partnerships, a contractor that has been working at Wells fitting new kitchens and bathrooms for residents of Victory Housing Trust.
While working there, regional director James Ellis heard about the work the local community was trying to do improve the dilapidated hall and got his team and suppliers involved.
You may also want to watch:
The team painted, decorated and fitted out the kitchen with the help of plumber Simon Johnson.
Mr Ellis said: “Without the hard work of my team and the generous donations from our supply chain we could not have achieved this.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 9 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 10 Classic car and bike show cancelled due to Covid
“We all had a great day, and it was immense fun for good measure. I know it will make a real difference to the local community.”
The memorial hall is used for a range of community activities, with a particular emphasis on promoting health and wellbeing.