Volunteers boost Wells community hall
A one day DIY challenge has helped transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.On Saturday a team of volunteers gave up their time to revamp the facilities at the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall.
A one-day DIY challenge has helped to transform the kitchen of a Wells community hall.
A team of volunteers gave up their time on Saturday to revamp the Gordon Barrett Memorial Hall, in Clubbs Lane. Using donated products, the team made quick work of what could otherwise have been a time-consuming and costly job.
The project was led by Hill Partnerships, a contractor that has been working at Wells fitting new kitchens and bathrooms for residents of Victory Housing Trust.
While working there, regional director James Ellis heard about the work the local community was trying to do improve the dilapidated hall and got his team and suppliers involved.
You may also want to watch:
The team painted, decorated and fitted out the kitchen with the help of plumber Simon Johnson.
Mr Ellis said: “Without the hard work of my team and the generous donations from our supply chain we could not have achieved this.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
“We all had a great day, and it was immense fun for good measure. I know it will make a real difference to the local community.”
The memorial hall is used for a range of community activities, with a particular emphasis on promoting health and wellbeing.