Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- Credit: Sophie Kendall
Parts of Norfolk and Waveney have today been turned into a winter wonderland.
The first snow of 2021 has fallen across the region given most places at least a light dusting of the white stuff or in some areas a more substantial covering.
Mid and West Norfolk have seen the most with areas around King's Lynn seeing sustained snow falls and it has been particularly bad around the Fakenham area.
A number of main roads were reported to be impassable with drivers warned to be extra careful.
Many families woke up on Saturday morning to see their gardens, drives and neighbourhoods given a covering of snow.
And while people can't meet up with friends or travel to enjoy it, plenty have made the most of the weather from their gardens or streets.
Plenty shared pictures of the white landscape outside their homes - some expressing surprise, despite forecasts, and others delighted to see it.
- 1 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 2 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 3 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 4 Norfolk teen sells drone footage to the Discovery Channel
- 5 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?