Yellow weather warning issued for storms this Saturday
- Credit: Danielle Booden
England fans planning on watching the nation's clash with Ukraine are likely to get wet with thunderstorms expected for the county on Saturday.
A spokesman from Norwich-based Weatherquest said thunderstorms are likely in western and central parts of Norfolk from mid-afternoon into the evening.
This is moving up from the south with the possibility of downpours during the England versus Ukraine quarter-final of the European Championship, which kicks off at 8pm.
The spokesman added: "It is coming in from two areas with one line of rain and showers through the morning with a possible thunderstorm from 6am to 9am. There is a possible thunderstorm there but it is more likely through the afternoon.
"As the skies brighten up and and the temperature picks up we are looking at a thunderstorm in the afternoon for western parts of Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire."
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms and heavy rain on Saturday.
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 4 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 5 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 6 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m