Almost 500 homes hit by power cut amid snow and winds
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Hundreds of homes across Norfolk are without power as Storm Darcy's high winds and snowfall continue to cause problems.
UK Power Networks engineers are investigating a problem which has affected almost 500 households in the area around Hunstanton, Heacham, Docking, Brancaster and Burnham Market.
They said they become aware of the power cut at just before 8.15pm on Sunday, February 7.
They said engineers had arrived to investigate the power cut affecting 472 properties, with specialist engineers are also working to divert power remotely.
They said: "We know that in the current pandemic, a power cut can be especially disruptive, as you may be working from home, or taking care of elderly or unwell family members, and we want to support you however we can."
There were also a power cuts elsewhere, including in Great Yarmouth, Wroxham, North Walsham, Downham Market, Thetford, Dereham, Horsford, Attleborough and Shotesham.
- 1 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 2 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 3 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 4 Norfolk teen sells drone footage to the Discovery Channel
- 5 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 9 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 10 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?