Temperatures to rise again this weekend with highs of 31C in Norfolk
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
The cooler temperatures of the past few days have been a welcome relief following the extreme heat earlier this week.
Temperatures have dropped to the low 20s since but mercury levels are forecast to rise once again this weekend.
Norwich-based Weatherquest meteorologist Chris Bell said: "This weekend will see the return of warmer temperatures although not as extreme as the highs we experienced earlier this week.
"Saturday should be a pleasant day with sunny spells and patchy cloud with highs of 26C.
"Sunday will see the peak of temperatures this weekend with highs of 31C.
"However, there will be a strong breeze throughout the day so it will feel cooler than you may expect.
"Clouds will develop Sunday evening and overnight there will be a weak cold front bringing patchy rain.
- 1 Historic market town pub up for sale
- 2 Village green set ablaze as temperatures soar
- 3 New figures show assaults make up more than a quarter of crimes in Fakenham
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 5 Drone pictures show of fire-scorched land in village
- 6 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Food review: 'The paella at Bang In Wells is sunshine in a bowl'
- 9 'Revolutionary' laundromat arrives in Fakenham
- 10 Man's body found on north Norfolk beach
"Into next week temperatures will drop into the low to mid-20s."
Conditions are set to remain drier than normal for this time of year with no significant rainfall expected for the rest of the month.