Another yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Another yellow weather warning has been issued for Norfolk.
Everywhere north of Watton, Loddon and Caister is covered by the warning from the Met Office.
The warning is for heavy rain from 7pm today (June 5) to 4am tomorrow (Monday, June 6).
This carried on from the warning issued by the Met Office for today which forecast thunderstorms from 12pm until 8pm.
The warning for earlier today caused many to postpone or cancel jubilee celebrations.
Dan Holley, meteorologist for Norwich-based Weatherquest, posted rainfall figures on Twitter for the 24 hours to 10am on Sunday, June 5.
This showed that Denver in west Norfolk had seen 44mm fall, which is around 80pc of the village's average rainfall for June and was the most measured in the East of England for that timeframe.
The Met Office has warned that the heavy rain could cause flooding in businesses and homes.
It also said that transport services may be disrupted and water on roads may cause delays.
- 1 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 4 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 5 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 6 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 7 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 8 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 9 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 10 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
The temperature in Norfolk overnight is set to be between 11C and 13C.