Music festival a big success in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
A well-attended music festival kicked-off a jam-packed week of fun events in Fakenham.
Active Fakenham is hosting Fakenham Active Week, a week full of activities for the whole family, which was first launched last year.
Kicking off the week was the town’s second music festival, which started at midday yesterday and ran until 8pm in the Market Place.
Richard Crook, chairman of Active Fakenham, said: “It went very well and there were quite a lot of people there. It went on for eight hours so there was a good turnover, although some people stayed all day. It was very good-natured and it was well supported by local businesses.
“We had a lot of volunteers helping. They were setting things up at about 7.30am and then clearing up at about 9.30pm, so it was a long day.”
You may also want to watch:
Ending Fakenham Active Week is Ride North Norfolk cycling festival on Sunday, August 26.
- 1 Council agrees to fell "high risk tree" - despite protection order
- 2 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 3 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 4 Pub start weekly lockdown Bake Off challenge
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 Dino park launches at-home activities for children
- 8 Developer says dozens show interest in new homes despite council concerns
- 9 Walsingham Pilgrimage planning 'restricted' return
- 10 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak