Music festival a big success in Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
A well-attended music festival kicked-off a jam-packed week of fun events in Fakenham.
Active Fakenham is hosting Fakenham Active Week, a week full of activities for the whole family, which was first launched last year.
Kicking off the week was the town’s second music festival, which started at midday yesterday and ran until 8pm in the Market Place.
Richard Crook, chairman of Active Fakenham, said: “It went very well and there were quite a lot of people there. It went on for eight hours so there was a good turnover, although some people stayed all day. It was very good-natured and it was well supported by local businesses.
“We had a lot of volunteers helping. They were setting things up at about 7.30am and then clearing up at about 9.30pm, so it was a long day.”
You may also want to watch:
Ending Fakenham Active Week is Ride North Norfolk cycling festival on Sunday, August 26.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk