Call line set up in north Norfolk for anyone feeling ‘fed-up, lonely or just wanting a chat’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A call line has been set up to help those on the north Norfolk coast who are in need of a “friendly voice” during the coronavirus crisis.
Wells Churches Together has set up a call line for anyone living in Wells, between Blakeney and Burnham Market, and its surrounding villages. It is for anyone who needs a friendly voice to talk to.
Alison Bowles, one of the organisers, said: “This is simply for anyone who is feeling fed-up, lonely or just wants a chat.
“This is not a counselling service but just for neighbourly contact down the line. However, referrals for advice can be made on behalf of the caller.”
The call-line is run by a coordinator who then contacts one of the team to ring the caller back.
You may also want to watch:
A call can be arranged on a regular basis or as a one-off.
For more details contact Margaret by ringing 01328 710584 or Alison on 01328 711119.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash