Call line set up in north Norfolk for anyone feeling ‘fed-up, lonely or just wanting a chat’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A call line has been set up to help those on the north Norfolk coast who are in need of a “friendly voice” during the coronavirus crisis.
Wells Churches Together has set up a call line for anyone living in Wells, between Blakeney and Burnham Market, and its surrounding villages. It is for anyone who needs a friendly voice to talk to.
Alison Bowles, one of the organisers, said: “This is simply for anyone who is feeling fed-up, lonely or just wants a chat.
“This is not a counselling service but just for neighbourly contact down the line. However, referrals for advice can be made on behalf of the caller.”
The call-line is run by a coordinator who then contacts one of the team to ring the caller back.
You may also want to watch:
A call can be arranged on a regular basis or as a one-off.
For more details contact Margaret by ringing 01328 710584 or Alison on 01328 711119.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages