Call line set up in north Norfolk for anyone feeling ‘fed-up, lonely or just wanting a chat’
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A call line has been set up to help those on the north Norfolk coast who are in need of a “friendly voice” during the coronavirus crisis.
Wells Churches Together has set up a call line for anyone living in Wells, between Blakeney and Burnham Market, and its surrounding villages. It is for anyone who needs a friendly voice to talk to.
Alison Bowles, one of the organisers, said: “This is simply for anyone who is feeling fed-up, lonely or just wants a chat.
“This is not a counselling service but just for neighbourly contact down the line. However, referrals for advice can be made on behalf of the caller.”
The call-line is run by a coordinator who then contacts one of the team to ring the caller back.
You may also want to watch:
A call can be arranged on a regular basis or as a one-off.
For more details contact Margaret by ringing 01328 710584 or Alison on 01328 711119.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 8 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'