Community hospital launches volunteer drive
- Credit: Archant/Wells Community Hospital
Attracting volunteers is the goal of a campaign which has just been launched by Wells Community Hospital.
The hospital, on Mill Road, wants more people to join its team to help with groups, events, the community cafe and fundraising.
One informal drop-in session for people to learn more was planned for April 22, and another on Saturday, April 24 from 10am to midday.
Simon Prince, income generation and deputy general manager, said volunteers were the backbone of the hospital community.
Mr Prince said: "As a charity we are looking to recruit people to be involved with exciting and new ventures.
You may also want to watch:
"This is your chance to give a little something back as well as helping the organisation to continue with the support we offer.
"Our informal drops in this week will give people the opportunity to explore the roles and benefits of volunteering. We look forward to welcoming you.”
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
Anyone interested can also call 01328 711996.