Popular fish and chip shop closes amid coronavirus
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A popular fish and chip shop on the north Norfolk coast is closing due to the coronavirus.
French’s, which has been a fixture of the dining scene in Wells-next-the-Sea for more than 90 years, has announced it will close on March 23 at 6.30pm.
A statement on their Facebook page read: “French’s fish shop has made the difficult decision to temporarily close its door from 18.30 this evening, until further notice.
“In the current situation, it’s the only way that we see possible to keep our customers, our staff and our community safe at this time.
“We are saddened that we can not continue to supply our local community, as we would have liked, but feel this is the best option for everybody.
You may also want to watch:
“We plan to reopen as soon as it is safe to do so and look forward to seeing you again soon.
“Take care and keep well, from all the French’s team.”
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 3 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 6 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 7 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold