Wells hospital work to go on show
The pioneering work of the Wells Community Hospital will be put on show to the public next week. The Spring Community Services Showcase, aimed at people living within 10 miles of Wells, gives an opportunity to meet organisations offering care and support in the area.
The pioneering work of the Wells Community Hospital will be put on show to the public next week.
The Spring Community Services Showcase, aimed at people living within 10 miles of Wells, gives an opportunity to meet organisations offering care and support in the area.
Hospital matron Louise Bennett will run slide shows and answer questions on how the community venture - re-opened in partnership with the NHS in 2006 - is progressing.
The event will include free, self-test hearing checks and demonstrations on the use of acupuncture, holistic manipulation and reflexology.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital staff will be on hand to service hearing aids and information will be available for people with disability and their carers.
The hospital team works with NHS Norfolk, local GPs and social services to provide community beds at the Mill Road site, which also runs clinics for children, ultra-sound, rheumatology and physiotherapy.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 4 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 5 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 10 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
The event will be held on Thursday, February 12 from 10am-4pm.