Wells hospital work to go on show
The pioneering work of the Wells Community Hospital will be put on show to the public next week. The Spring Community Services Showcase, aimed at people living within 10 miles of Wells, gives an opportunity to meet organisations offering care and support in the area.
The pioneering work of the Wells Community Hospital will be put on show to the public next week.
The Spring Community Services Showcase, aimed at people living within 10 miles of Wells, gives an opportunity to meet organisations offering care and support in the area.
Hospital matron Louise Bennett will run slide shows and answer questions on how the community venture - re-opened in partnership with the NHS in 2006 - is progressing.
The event will include free, self-test hearing checks and demonstrations on the use of acupuncture, holistic manipulation and reflexology.
You may also want to watch:
Hospital staff will be on hand to service hearing aids and information will be available for people with disability and their carers.
The hospital team works with NHS Norfolk, local GPs and social services to provide community beds at the Mill Road site, which also runs clinics for children, ultra-sound, rheumatology and physiotherapy.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
The event will be held on Thursday, February 12 from 10am-4pm.