Wells Lifeboat announces plans for this year’s annual lifeboat service
- Credit: RNLI
Wells Lifeboat is getting ready for its annual lifeboat service event.
The 58th lifeboat service takes place on Sunday July 29 at Wells Quay.
The service regularly attracts over a thousand people as they flock to the quayside. Small boats also anchor in the harbour and take part in the service afloat.
It will be led from 6.45pm by the lifeboat chaplain, the Rev Neil Woodruff, and the traditional seafarer hymns will be accompanied by the Fakenham Town Band and the Churches Together Choir.
More dates for the diary include evenings with youngsters for activity In Mind on Wednesday August 1, and it will continue every Wednesday until the end of the month at 6.30pm in the Boathouse on Beach Road, Wells.
You may also want to watch:
The family Lifeboat Open Day is on Sunday August 19, starting at noon. There will be demonstrations by the crew and a chance to see the lifeboats up close.
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat