Wells Lifeboat announces plans for this year’s annual lifeboat service
- Credit: RNLI
Wells Lifeboat is getting ready for its annual lifeboat service event.
The 58th lifeboat service takes place on Sunday July 29 at Wells Quay.
The service regularly attracts over a thousand people as they flock to the quayside. Small boats also anchor in the harbour and take part in the service afloat.
It will be led from 6.45pm by the lifeboat chaplain, the Rev Neil Woodruff, and the traditional seafarer hymns will be accompanied by the Fakenham Town Band and the Churches Together Choir.
More dates for the diary include evenings with youngsters for activity In Mind on Wednesday August 1, and it will continue every Wednesday until the end of the month at 6.30pm in the Boathouse on Beach Road, Wells.
You may also want to watch:
The family Lifeboat Open Day is on Sunday August 19, starting at noon. There will be demonstrations by the crew and a chance to see the lifeboats up close.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 5 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 8 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 9 9 things that have changed in Dereham since lockdown one
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'