Wells recycling centre - hours slashed
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.
Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Sites at Wells, Wereham, Bergh Apton, Snetterton and Wymondham will be closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from that date onwards. The sites will open Fridays-Mondays inclusive.
Signs have been put up at the sites to warn people about the change.
Other recycling centres will remain open seven days a week, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
The closure of Docking Recycling Centre, Norfolk's least-used site, has been delayed until later in the year while the council works with the community to explore other recycling options.
- 1 Film studio which brought John Travolta to Norfolk shuts for good
- 2 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 3 Drink driver caught at three times legal limit on A1067
- 4 Norfolk winery wins prestigious national award
- 5 Sparse and getting older - What the census says about north Norfolk
- 6 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 7 Fakenham farm bids to open field for dog exercise
- 8 Norfolk named among UK's best wildlife holiday spots
- 9 Villagers celebrate victory in 'battle of East Rudham common'
- 10 Headteacher set to depart school after 'proud' 12 years
Proposals for a new �1m Dereham Recycling Centre are at the planning application stage, subject to planning consent, and the centre should open later in 2010/11.
Recycling centres are for the recycling and disposal of household waste, not trade waste.
Re-use Shelters now operate at Caister, Hempton, Ketteringham, King's Lynn and Mayton Wood. These allow visitors to buy reusable items for a small charge. Proceeds from sales are split between the council, the site contractor and local charities.
Further information and opening times for the recycling centres can be found at www.norfolk.gov.uk/recyclingcentres