Wells recycling centre - hours slashed
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.
Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Sites at Wells, Wereham, Bergh Apton, Snetterton and Wymondham will be closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from that date onwards. The sites will open Fridays-Mondays inclusive.
Signs have been put up at the sites to warn people about the change.
You may also want to watch:
Other recycling centres will remain open seven days a week, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
The closure of Docking Recycling Centre, Norfolk's least-used site, has been delayed until later in the year while the council works with the community to explore other recycling options.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
Proposals for a new �1m Dereham Recycling Centre are at the planning application stage, subject to planning consent, and the centre should open later in 2010/11.
Recycling centres are for the recycling and disposal of household waste, not trade waste.
Re-use Shelters now operate at Caister, Hempton, Ketteringham, King's Lynn and Mayton Wood. These allow visitors to buy reusable items for a small charge. Proceeds from sales are split between the council, the site contractor and local charities.
Further information and opening times for the recycling centres can be found at www.norfolk.gov.uk/recyclingcentres