Wells recycling centre - hours slashed
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Some waste recycling centres across Norfolk are to cut their opening times.
Five of Norfolk County Council's 19 household waste recycling centres will become part-time from Tuesday, April 20.
Sites at Wells, Wereham, Bergh Apton, Snetterton and Wymondham will be closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from that date onwards. The sites will open Fridays-Mondays inclusive.
Signs have been put up at the sites to warn people about the change.
You may also want to watch:
Other recycling centres will remain open seven days a week, closing only on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
The closure of Docking Recycling Centre, Norfolk's least-used site, has been delayed until later in the year while the council works with the community to explore other recycling options.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
Proposals for a new �1m Dereham Recycling Centre are at the planning application stage, subject to planning consent, and the centre should open later in 2010/11.
Recycling centres are for the recycling and disposal of household waste, not trade waste.
Re-use Shelters now operate at Caister, Hempton, Ketteringham, King's Lynn and Mayton Wood. These allow visitors to buy reusable items for a small charge. Proceeds from sales are split between the council, the site contractor and local charities.
Further information and opening times for the recycling centres can be found at www.norfolk.gov.uk/recyclingcentres