Sea cadets group calls for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A sea cadets group has appealed for someone who can maintain boats to volunteer for a couple of hours a week so more young people can have the opportunity of learning to sail.
The Wells Sea Cadets need someone who can help them maintain their fleet of boats and equipment. The group is also looking for new instructor officers who are able to train cadets aged from 10 to 18.
Bishop Dr John Mills, a royal veteran and trustee of the Wells Sea Cadets, said helping to train the next generation of seafarers was a rewarding task.
He said: "We are unable to expand and offer places to more young people in this youth organisation unless we have more adult instructors."
The sea cadets are based at Alderman Peel High School in Wells, and their training sessions take place on Saturdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 07858 440182 or email email@example.com
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 3 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 6 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 7 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
- 8 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Shoe shop set to close after more than two decades in business