Sea cadets group calls for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A sea cadets group has appealed for someone who can maintain boats to volunteer for a couple of hours a week so more young people can have the opportunity of learning to sail.
The Wells Sea Cadets need someone who can help them maintain their fleet of boats and equipment. The group is also looking for new instructor officers who are able to train cadets aged from 10 to 18.
Bishop Dr John Mills, a royal veteran and trustee of the Wells Sea Cadets, said helping to train the next generation of seafarers was a rewarding task.
He said: "We are unable to expand and offer places to more young people in this youth organisation unless we have more adult instructors."
The sea cadets are based at Alderman Peel High School in Wells, and their training sessions take place on Saturdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call 07858 440182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 What it is like to be registered at Norfolk's busiest GP
- 2 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 3 Howzat! Fakenham cricket club to put on 'Sunday Smash'
- 4 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 5 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 7 Swimmer lucky to be alive after almost getting swept out to sea
- 8 Garden club hope members 'turn up in force' as annual show returns
- 9 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 10 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance