When can you park in North Norfolk for free during the festive season?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
In an effort to encourage more people to shop in town centres and attend Christmas lights switch-ons, every town in North Norfolk will offer two days of free parking during the festive season.
The North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) asked town councils to pick two days in the run up to Christmas where people will be allowed to park in council-run car parks for free.
Posters will be put up in advance, giving the dates for the individual towns. On the days themselves, payment machines will be covered to make sure people know they do not need to pay.
NNDC councillor, Judy Oliver, said: “While car park income is a crucial part of controlling council tax levels, we fully recognise the benefits of offering these two days of free parking to our town centre businesses.”
The dates for free parking across North Norfolk are as follows:
* Fakenham - December 2 and 23
* Wells - December 2 and 16
- 1 Repair work set to get under way at 'carbuncle' property
- 2 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 3 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
- 4 Cadets head out for a week at sea
- 5 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 6 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 7 'An iron man in a wooden boat' - Tribute paid to legendary coxswain
- 8 Fakenham swimming pool plans - Everything you need to know
- 9 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 10 Church hopes jubilee events will help fund stained glass window repairs
* North Walsham – November 25 and December 16
* Cromer - December 2 and 9
* Stalham - December 3 and 9
* Holt - December 10 and 17
* Sheringham - December 9 and 16