When can you park in North Norfolk for free during the festive season?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
In an effort to encourage more people to shop in town centres and attend Christmas lights switch-ons, every town in North Norfolk will offer two days of free parking during the festive season.
The North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) asked town councils to pick two days in the run up to Christmas where people will be allowed to park in council-run car parks for free.
Posters will be put up in advance, giving the dates for the individual towns. On the days themselves, payment machines will be covered to make sure people know they do not need to pay.
NNDC councillor, Judy Oliver, said: “While car park income is a crucial part of controlling council tax levels, we fully recognise the benefits of offering these two days of free parking to our town centre businesses.”
The dates for free parking across North Norfolk are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
* Fakenham - December 2 and 23
* Wells - December 2 and 16
- 1 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 2 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 5 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 6 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 9 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 10 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
* North Walsham – November 25 and December 16
* Cromer - December 2 and 9
* Stalham - December 3 and 9
* Holt - December 10 and 17
* Sheringham - December 9 and 16