When can you park in North Norfolk for free during the festive season?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
In an effort to encourage more people to shop in town centres and attend Christmas lights switch-ons, every town in North Norfolk will offer two days of free parking during the festive season.
The North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) asked town councils to pick two days in the run up to Christmas where people will be allowed to park in council-run car parks for free.
Posters will be put up in advance, giving the dates for the individual towns. On the days themselves, payment machines will be covered to make sure people know they do not need to pay.
NNDC councillor, Judy Oliver, said: “While car park income is a crucial part of controlling council tax levels, we fully recognise the benefits of offering these two days of free parking to our town centre businesses.”
The dates for free parking across North Norfolk are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
* Fakenham - December 2 and 23
* Wells - December 2 and 16
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 3 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 9 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
* North Walsham – November 25 and December 16
* Cromer - December 2 and 9
* Stalham - December 3 and 9
* Holt - December 10 and 17
* Sheringham - December 9 and 16