When can you park in North Norfolk for free during the festive season?
- Credit: Matthew Usher
In an effort to encourage more people to shop in town centres and attend Christmas lights switch-ons, every town in North Norfolk will offer two days of free parking during the festive season.
The North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) asked town councils to pick two days in the run up to Christmas where people will be allowed to park in council-run car parks for free.
Posters will be put up in advance, giving the dates for the individual towns. On the days themselves, payment machines will be covered to make sure people know they do not need to pay.
NNDC councillor, Judy Oliver, said: “While car park income is a crucial part of controlling council tax levels, we fully recognise the benefits of offering these two days of free parking to our town centre businesses.”
The dates for free parking across North Norfolk are as follows:
You may also want to watch:
* Fakenham - December 2 and 23
* Wells - December 2 and 16
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
* North Walsham – November 25 and December 16
* Cromer - December 2 and 9
* Stalham - December 3 and 9
* Holt - December 10 and 17
* Sheringham - December 9 and 16