Tractors to crank-up the fun factor at village’s popular event
A parade of tractors is set to descend on a Norfolk village this weekend.
The Wighton Vintage Tractor Crank-Up will see vintage tractors, mini look-a-likes, a road run, and pulling games as some of the highlights of the event.
The day kicks off at 8.30am when the vintage tractors owners arrive at the Wighton Playing Field for breakfast.
The road run begins at 10am and will be blessed by the Bishop of Norwich as they pass the village’s war memorial. The route will take them to Holkham Hall before returning to Wighton.
The mini tractors will be taking part in pulling games all day from 10am on the playing field.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle and refreshments.
The crank-up takes place on Sunday May 13.
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 7 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 9 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
Last weekend the village enjoyed it’s popular annual scarecrow festival.