Tractors to crank-up the fun factor at village’s popular event
A parade of tractors is set to descend on a Norfolk village this weekend.
The Wighton Vintage Tractor Crank-Up will see vintage tractors, mini look-a-likes, a road run, and pulling games as some of the highlights of the event.
The day kicks off at 8.30am when the vintage tractors owners arrive at the Wighton Playing Field for breakfast.
The road run begins at 10am and will be blessed by the Bishop of Norwich as they pass the village’s war memorial. The route will take them to Holkham Hall before returning to Wighton.
The mini tractors will be taking part in pulling games all day from 10am on the playing field.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle and refreshments.
The crank-up takes place on Sunday May 13.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
Last weekend the village enjoyed it’s popular annual scarecrow festival.