Tractors to crank-up the fun factor at village’s popular event
A parade of tractors is set to descend on a Norfolk village this weekend.
The Wighton Vintage Tractor Crank-Up will see vintage tractors, mini look-a-likes, a road run, and pulling games as some of the highlights of the event.
The day kicks off at 8.30am when the vintage tractors owners arrive at the Wighton Playing Field for breakfast.
The road run begins at 10am and will be blessed by the Bishop of Norwich as they pass the village’s war memorial. The route will take them to Holkham Hall before returning to Wighton.
The mini tractors will be taking part in pulling games all day from 10am on the playing field.
There will also be a raffle and refreshments.
The crank-up takes place on Sunday May 13.
- 1 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 2 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
- 3 Yard sale exceeds expectation to raise £1,000 for Ukraine appeal
- 4 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 5 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 6 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 7 'Plenty of effort and hard work' - new Fakenham mayor's pledge to town
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Dentist staff working round the clock to address 'enforcement action'
- 10 Host of Fakenham Jubilee events revealed
Last weekend the village enjoyed it’s popular annual scarecrow festival.