Tractors to crank-up the fun factor at village’s popular event
A parade of tractors is set to descend on a Norfolk village this weekend.
The Wighton Vintage Tractor Crank-Up will see vintage tractors, mini look-a-likes, a road run, and pulling games as some of the highlights of the event.
The day kicks off at 8.30am when the vintage tractors owners arrive at the Wighton Playing Field for breakfast.
The road run begins at 10am and will be blessed by the Bishop of Norwich as they pass the village’s war memorial. The route will take them to Holkham Hall before returning to Wighton.
The mini tractors will be taking part in pulling games all day from 10am on the playing field.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle and refreshments.
The crank-up takes place on Sunday May 13.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Last weekend the village enjoyed it’s popular annual scarecrow festival.