Tractors to crank-up the fun factor at village’s popular event
A parade of tractors is set to descend on a Norfolk village this weekend.
The Wighton Vintage Tractor Crank-Up will see vintage tractors, mini look-a-likes, a road run, and pulling games as some of the highlights of the event.
The day kicks off at 8.30am when the vintage tractors owners arrive at the Wighton Playing Field for breakfast.
The road run begins at 10am and will be blessed by the Bishop of Norwich as they pass the village’s war memorial. The route will take them to Holkham Hall before returning to Wighton.
The mini tractors will be taking part in pulling games all day from 10am on the playing field.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a raffle and refreshments.
The crank-up takes place on Sunday May 13.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Last weekend the village enjoyed it’s popular annual scarecrow festival.