Flowers left at fatal crash scene
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A single bunch of flowers has been left at the scene of a crash which claimed a woman's life.
The woman, who was in her 40s, was pronounced dead after the collision, which happened in the early hours of Christmas Eve on the A148 near the Abbey Lane junction at Coxford, near Fakenham.
Police have said the incident involved a silver Vauxhall Insignia car in which the woman was travelling as a passenger.
A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and drink driving.
A single bunch of pink carnations has been left in a sapling beside the road.
The woman who died has not been named. An inquest into her death is expected to open in the New Year.
People living near the scene have spoken of their shock over the crash.
Police are appealing for witnesses. Anyone with information should contact the serious collision investigation unit on SCIU@norfolk.pnn.police.uk and ask for PC Shaun Taylor.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 New special school opens doors to first students
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 6 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 7 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 10 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range