Wristbands aim to keep children safe
Safety wristbands have been introduced in Wells to help reunite lost children with their families more quickly.Parents can write a contact number on the back of the tamper-proof bands so they can be easily traced if their child wanders away from them on the beach.
Safety wristbands have been introduced in Wells to help reunite lost children with their families more quickly.
Parents can write a contact number on the back of the tamper-proof bands so they can be easily traced if their child wanders away from them on the beach.
The police-branded security bands are available for free from Coast Watch volunteers, who are supporting the Wells Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) to help boost child safety.
The scheme was successfully used last year on the north-west Norfolk coast where emergency services traditionally see a rise in reports of missing youngsters during the holiday season.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are being developed by Norfolk Constabulary to extend the scheme to other locations and events where children are routinely reported missing.
PCSO Andrew Dixon at Wells SNT said: “This is a system that has worked well before and through other organisations. It gives parents peace of mind that they can be quickly contacted in the event that their child wanders off and can be found. We would like to thank the volunteers at Coast Watch for supporting the initiative.”
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
For further information contact Wells SNT on 0845 456 4567.