Wristbands aim to keep children safe
Safety wristbands have been introduced in Wells to help reunite lost children with their families more quickly.Parents can write a contact number on the back of the tamper-proof bands so they can be easily traced if their child wanders away from them on the beach.
Safety wristbands have been introduced in Wells to help reunite lost children with their families more quickly.
Parents can write a contact number on the back of the tamper-proof bands so they can be easily traced if their child wanders away from them on the beach.
The police-branded security bands are available for free from Coast Watch volunteers, who are supporting the Wells Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) to help boost child safety.
The scheme was successfully used last year on the north-west Norfolk coast where emergency services traditionally see a rise in reports of missing youngsters during the holiday season.
You may also want to watch:
Plans are being developed by Norfolk Constabulary to extend the scheme to other locations and events where children are routinely reported missing.
PCSO Andrew Dixon at Wells SNT said: “This is a system that has worked well before and through other organisations. It gives parents peace of mind that they can be quickly contacted in the event that their child wanders off and can be found. We would like to thank the volunteers at Coast Watch for supporting the initiative.”
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
For further information contact Wells SNT on 0845 456 4567.