Your say - Where is your favourite place to eat?
- Credit: Kate Wolstenholme
There is nothing quite like going out for food.
Whether it is having a night off from cooking the tea for a nice meal out, sitting down in a cafe for a coffee and sandwich, or grabbing fish and chips by the coast, and our county has some lovely spots to grab a bite.
But, where is your favourite? Our reporter Aaron McMillan asked people in Fakenham where they most liked to eat out.
Mandy Burrows, 62, from Norwich, said: “A place called Saporita in Norwich. It's a little Italian place around the lanes. A group of Italians run the place and the food is fantastic and it has got a fantastic atmosphere. It is a lovely place to go and eat.”
Andrew Pierce, 57, from Fakenham said: “I go to the Wetherspoons on Bridge Street if I go anywhere. It is cheap and the food is good and I know the people who work there and the people who go along to it.”
You may also want to watch:
Imogen Kirk, 27, from Fakenham said: “I would go to the Sculthorpe Aviator, which I think is nice. It has really good food, a great atmosphere and lovely people who work there. It is where I would go.”
Barbra Jarvis, 79, from Fakenham said: “We like to go down to the Sculthorpe Mill. The food is fantastic, they do this amazing steak dish, it is also very reasonable. They recently renovated it and it looks lovely. We like to sit in the beautiful garden.”
- 1 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 2 Police called to bingo night after apples thrown at community centre
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 4 Fakenham cyclist reaches Snowdonia after 250-mile ride
- 5 The dog ate my passport! Man's rush for replacement thanks to pooch Hattie
- 6 Service users at endangered charity reveal what it means to them
- 7 Towns and villages across Norfolk to get a Covid memorial plaque
- 8 Source of fire that gutted home's top floor is revealed
- 9 Road blocked following accident
- 10 Ukulele band prepares for first cabaret night in almost two years
Malcolm Jarvis, 87, from Fakenham said: “There are some pubs we like on the coast which have a lovely cosy feel to them, but I would say the Sculthorpe Mill as well. The food is lovely and very competitive. It is everything from the steak, but they also do the most amazing carrot cake there. The setting down by the river is stunning.”
Jemma Greaves, 29, from Fakenham said: “The Sculthorpe Aviator for me, it has good food and nice people who work there. I like the steak there, it is really good.”