Your views needed on future of towns
People across North Norfolk are about to be asked for their views on a 15-year planning blueprint which includes a major expansion for Fakenham.District planners are finalising proposals for the Local Development Framework (LDF) which will earmark land for the building of vital new housing, business and leisure facilities.
People across North Norfolk are about to be asked for their views on a 15-year planning blueprint which includes a major expansion for Fakenham.
District planners are finalising proposals for the Local Development Framework (LDF) which will earmark land for the building of vital new housing, business and leisure facilities.
In an earlier phase of the plans, Fakenham was identified as the “best opportunity to accommodate significant development” with land to the south of the A148 bypass earmarked for 800 homes, a primary school and businesses.
There could also be more retail redevelopment in the White Horse Street area, retaining the market and parking, along with more open spaces and recreational land.
You may also want to watch:
Plans for Wells include 120 homes off Furlong Hill - with 45pc affordable - plus 1ha of open space and a new 300-space car park at Freeman Street.
The LDF is due to come into force at the end of 2010, but the latest plans affecting all the area's main towns and villages will go out to public consultation from June 15 to July 31.
- 1 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 2 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 5 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 6 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 7 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 8 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 10 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
t During the consultation, a permanent exhibition will be staged at the council's Cromer offices and Fakenham Connect on Oak Street.
t The LDF plans can be viewed in detail on www.northnorfolk.org/ldf and comments can be made via e-mail or by calling the planning policy unit on 01263 516318.