Wells Town impressed with a stunning 3-1 victory over Wymondham Town in the first round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.

The game started pretty evenly with both teams passing the ball around but not creating any chances on goal.

In the sixth minute, a great cross from Myhill just eluded the outstretched leg of Brewster and the visitors cleared the ball for a throw-in.

Fakenham & Wells Times: Wells Town in action against Wymondham TownWells Town in action against Wymondham Town (Image: Shay Porter)A long ball from Magouri in the Wells goal finds Brain who puts Brewster through into the Wymondham area but Brewster’s return pass to Brain is cut out and cleared up the pitch.

It was then the Wells defence that stood strong blocking two Wymondham attempts before the third shot flew wide of the Wells goal.

Good work on the right saw another good cross from Myhill but Brain fails to control the ball and is tackled by the defender, who clears the ball for a Wells throw.

Wells was starting to dominate the play and had a number of chances but still couldn’t find the opening goal.

The best chance of the half for Wells fell to Charlie Watts who was put clean through with only the keeper to beat he dragged his shot wide of the goal.

The visitors then began to have a little more of the ball and started putting Wells under pressure and in the 36th minute Luke Elliot put Wymondham in front with a calmly taken strike when one one-on-one with Magouri in the Wells goal.

Then Just before half time Wells had Magouri to thank as he made a fantastic triple save to keep the score at half time 1-0.

The second half started and it wasn’t long before Wells found the equaliser, a free kick out wide taken by Sparrow evaded everyone and flew into the top corner.

Not long after that Wells won a corner, the ball was swung into the area and met by Brewster at the back post.

He headed it back across goal to find Myhill who headed it in from close range.

Callum Brain then made it three for Wells as he finished off a lovely passing move down the right-hand side.

Wells should have added to their goal tally when Brewster rounded the keeper but put the shot wide.

With the match coming to a close the visitors were reduced to 10 men and as a result Wells easily saw out the rest of the match to put themselves into the next round of the senior cup.
The Seasiders face Wymondham on Saturday away in the League, 2.30pm kick off.

Wells Res travel to Shrublands on Saturday for a 2.30pm

Report by Darren Armiger