Alliance needs a sponsor
The Norfolk Cricket Alliance have issued an appeal for a new sponsor to come forward.The league's previous deal with Lovewell Blake expired at the end of last season and despite making a string of enquiries over the winter, the Alliance committee have drawn a blank in finding a new backer.
The Norfolk Cricket Alliance have issued an appeal for a new sponsor to come forward.
The league's previous deal with Lovewell Blake expired at the end of last season and despite making a string of enquiries over the winter, the Alliance committee have drawn a blank in finding a new backer.
Alliance chairman John Tythcott said: “We have tried several avenues but unfortunately in the current economic climate we have had no joy.
“We have made contingency plans for this season with regards to the admin of the league, but quite obviously if a sponsor isn't found, the admin costs may ultimately have to be borne out by the constituent members and fees might have to go up.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously we have to be realistic in terms of the level of sponsorship, so we would consider all options, including a one-year deal with a view to extending it.”
The Alliance recently expanded to include three new divisions - bringing it up to seven - and Tythcott said it was an opportunity for a business to be associated with a successful league: “We are the most senior league in Norfolk outside the East Anglian Premier League, which is a regional competition,” said Tythcott. “We are a direct feeder league into the EAPL and we have arguably one of the most successful youth sections in the country, which now includes an under-nines competition as well as Under-11s, Under-13s and Under-15s.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
“It is a buoyant league with a highly significant youth section and we are well covered in the local media, so we hope it will be an attractive proposition to somebody.”
Anyone interested in sponsoring the Alliance should contact John Tythcott on 07966 534545.