Alliance needs a sponsor
The Norfolk Cricket Alliance have issued an appeal for a new sponsor to come forward.The league's previous deal with Lovewell Blake expired at the end of last season and despite making a string of enquiries over the winter, the Alliance committee have drawn a blank in finding a new backer.
The Norfolk Cricket Alliance have issued an appeal for a new sponsor to come forward.
The league's previous deal with Lovewell Blake expired at the end of last season and despite making a string of enquiries over the winter, the Alliance committee have drawn a blank in finding a new backer.
Alliance chairman John Tythcott said: “We have tried several avenues but unfortunately in the current economic climate we have had no joy.
“We have made contingency plans for this season with regards to the admin of the league, but quite obviously if a sponsor isn't found, the admin costs may ultimately have to be borne out by the constituent members and fees might have to go up.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously we have to be realistic in terms of the level of sponsorship, so we would consider all options, including a one-year deal with a view to extending it.”
The Alliance recently expanded to include three new divisions - bringing it up to seven - and Tythcott said it was an opportunity for a business to be associated with a successful league: “We are the most senior league in Norfolk outside the East Anglian Premier League, which is a regional competition,” said Tythcott. “We are a direct feeder league into the EAPL and we have arguably one of the most successful youth sections in the country, which now includes an under-nines competition as well as Under-11s, Under-13s and Under-15s.
- 1 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 2 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 5 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 6 Chippy deep fries Christmas puds and pigs in blankets for charity
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' mother-of-five and former hardware shop owner
- 8 Tributes paid to woman who was ‘family and Fakenham through and through’
- 9 Referrals increase for Christmas appeal with fears they might not meet demand
- 10 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
“It is a buoyant league with a highly significant youth section and we are well covered in the local media, so we hope it will be an attractive proposition to somebody.”
Anyone interested in sponsoring the Alliance should contact John Tythcott on 07966 534545.