Ambitious plans for Fakenham cricket
Ambitious expansion plans have been revealed by Fakenham Cricket Club.
The starting point for what chairman Martin Turner described to Friday night’s annual meeting as “a massive project” is leasing school land backing onto the current ground, writes John Cushion.
That will enable the club to lay a new square for the third and fourth teams to use instead of using the Trap Lane square some distance away from the current Highfield Lawn set-up.
“The standard of our cricket is always improving and the demands on our square at Highfield Lawn (100 matches last season) is getting to breaking point,” said Turner.
Negotiations are well in hand. Turner explained: “This is the starting point for a massive project that will mean the creation of new changing rooms and bigger facilities within the club. It will be a big step forward and will open up a new world of opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
“However, all this development will cost, and with the county in its present state, Lottery money and ECB grants will be harder to come by.
“If this project is to succeed it will mean a greater effort in fund raising from all members of the club. Just attending events and paying for an extra drink will all help.”
- 1 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 2 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 3 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
He added that the clubhouse bar was now open Friday and Saturday nights for anyone to have a drink.
A new television had been bought and the ladies’ toilet and the kitchen had been modernised in the past year.
He thanked all those who helped the club behind the scenes.