Anderson sizes up his task at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3
NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
In that period his new charges failed to force a save from the Hares' keeper and went 2-0 down to scrappy goals.
Second half they rallied, got a goal back, but failed to force home the advantage of playing against 10 men and conceded a late breakaway goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 27 minutes Ash Brand, whose pace worried Fakenham all match, followed up to convert a rebound after keeper Tom Rix had gone down bravely at a forward's feet, then a 35th minute left-wing corner from Gino Livoti squirmed in at the near post.
With new right winger Daryll Rose (ex-King's Lynn) looking dangerous, the Ghosts upped their game to score through Julian Delicata on 65 minutes.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 7 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
Livoti was sent off for retaliation on 72 minutes but March sealed the win through a Brand break after 83 minutes.
Fakenham: Rix, Harvey, Pease, Felton, Gilchrist, Bamford, McCarthy (Savory 75), Anderson (Rose 46), Penty, Delicata, M Betts (J Betts 66).