Anderson sizes up his task at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3
NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
In that period his new charges failed to force a save from the Hares' keeper and went 2-0 down to scrappy goals.
Second half they rallied, got a goal back, but failed to force home the advantage of playing against 10 men and conceded a late breakaway goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 27 minutes Ash Brand, whose pace worried Fakenham all match, followed up to convert a rebound after keeper Tom Rix had gone down bravely at a forward's feet, then a 35th minute left-wing corner from Gino Livoti squirmed in at the near post.
With new right winger Daryll Rose (ex-King's Lynn) looking dangerous, the Ghosts upped their game to score through Julian Delicata on 65 minutes.
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
Livoti was sent off for retaliation on 72 minutes but March sealed the win through a Brand break after 83 minutes.
Fakenham: Rix, Harvey, Pease, Felton, Gilchrist, Bamford, McCarthy (Savory 75), Anderson (Rose 46), Penty, Delicata, M Betts (J Betts 66).