Anderson sizes up his task at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3
NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
In that period his new charges failed to force a save from the Hares' keeper and went 2-0 down to scrappy goals.
Second half they rallied, got a goal back, but failed to force home the advantage of playing against 10 men and conceded a late breakaway goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 27 minutes Ash Brand, whose pace worried Fakenham all match, followed up to convert a rebound after keeper Tom Rix had gone down bravely at a forward's feet, then a 35th minute left-wing corner from Gino Livoti squirmed in at the near post.
With new right winger Daryll Rose (ex-King's Lynn) looking dangerous, the Ghosts upped their game to score through Julian Delicata on 65 minutes.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
Livoti was sent off for retaliation on 72 minutes but March sealed the win through a Brand break after 83 minutes.
Fakenham: Rix, Harvey, Pease, Felton, Gilchrist, Bamford, McCarthy (Savory 75), Anderson (Rose 46), Penty, Delicata, M Betts (J Betts 66).