Anderson sizes up his task at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3
NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
In that period his new charges failed to force a save from the Hares' keeper and went 2-0 down to scrappy goals.
Second half they rallied, got a goal back, but failed to force home the advantage of playing against 10 men and conceded a late breakaway goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 27 minutes Ash Brand, whose pace worried Fakenham all match, followed up to convert a rebound after keeper Tom Rix had gone down bravely at a forward's feet, then a 35th minute left-wing corner from Gino Livoti squirmed in at the near post.
With new right winger Daryll Rose (ex-King's Lynn) looking dangerous, the Ghosts upped their game to score through Julian Delicata on 65 minutes.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
Livoti was sent off for retaliation on 72 minutes but March sealed the win through a Brand break after 83 minutes.
Fakenham: Rix, Harvey, Pease, Felton, Gilchrist, Bamford, McCarthy (Savory 75), Anderson (Rose 46), Penty, Delicata, M Betts (J Betts 66).