Anderson sizes up his task at Clipbush Park
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
Fakenham Town 1, March Town United 3
NEW Ghosts manager Wayne Anderson got a good indication of the task ahead of him as he played in midfield first half on Tuesday night.
In that period his new charges failed to force a save from the Hares' keeper and went 2-0 down to scrappy goals.
Second half they rallied, got a goal back, but failed to force home the advantage of playing against 10 men and conceded a late breakaway goal.
You may also want to watch:
After 27 minutes Ash Brand, whose pace worried Fakenham all match, followed up to convert a rebound after keeper Tom Rix had gone down bravely at a forward's feet, then a 35th minute left-wing corner from Gino Livoti squirmed in at the near post.
With new right winger Daryll Rose (ex-King's Lynn) looking dangerous, the Ghosts upped their game to score through Julian Delicata on 65 minutes.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
Livoti was sent off for retaliation on 72 minutes but March sealed the win through a Brand break after 83 minutes.
Fakenham: Rix, Harvey, Pease, Felton, Gilchrist, Bamford, McCarthy (Savory 75), Anderson (Rose 46), Penty, Delicata, M Betts (J Betts 66).