Wells Town crash to 5-1 home defeat against neighbours Holt
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town suffered a disappointing derby defeat at Beach Road in their latest Anglian Combinaton Division Two match.
The Seasiders gave the visitors from Kelling Road far too much space in the first 45 minutes of the contest, allowing them to play with ease.
Not closing them down at every opportunity was the difference and the visitors scored three goals while down to 10 men with the sin bin in use. With the interval fast approaching a fourth was added that really killed the match as a contest.
Wells started the second 45 minutes a much sharper side and should have reduced the arrears twice early in the second period, with efforts hitting the side netting and crossbar.
The visitors added a fifth off the upright before Aaron Myhill headed home a consolation goal.
You may also want to watch:
On target for the Owls, who remain third in the table, were Jack Castlo, Lee Edwards, Aaeron Moss, Chris Smith and Craig Knowles.
Wells Town head to Thetford Rovers on Saturday (kick-off 2pm).
- 1 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 4 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 5 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 6 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
The Seasiders’ second string who are finding this season difficult made the short journey to face Hindringham Reserves and were beaten 3-0.
The Wells side battled from the first whistle and considered themselves unlucky to be a goal down at the interval following some good saves from stand-in keeper Callum Brown, including a penalty stop.
Two further second half goals left the points at the Elms and the Reserves must now turn their focus to a match against at Beach Road on Saturday (kick-off 2pm).