Wells Town crash to 5-1 home defeat against neighbours Holt
- Credit: Archant
Wells Town suffered a disappointing derby defeat at Beach Road in their latest Anglian Combinaton Division Two match.
The Seasiders gave the visitors from Kelling Road far too much space in the first 45 minutes of the contest, allowing them to play with ease.
Not closing them down at every opportunity was the difference and the visitors scored three goals while down to 10 men with the sin bin in use. With the interval fast approaching a fourth was added that really killed the match as a contest.
Wells started the second 45 minutes a much sharper side and should have reduced the arrears twice early in the second period, with efforts hitting the side netting and crossbar.
The visitors added a fifth off the upright before Aaron Myhill headed home a consolation goal.
On target for the Owls, who remain third in the table, were Jack Castlo, Lee Edwards, Aaeron Moss, Chris Smith and Craig Knowles.
Wells Town head to Thetford Rovers on Saturday (kick-off 2pm).
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
The Seasiders’ second string who are finding this season difficult made the short journey to face Hindringham Reserves and were beaten 3-0.
The Wells side battled from the first whistle and considered themselves unlucky to be a goal down at the interval following some good saves from stand-in keeper Callum Brown, including a penalty stop.
Two further second half goals left the points at the Elms and the Reserves must now turn their focus to a match against at Beach Road on Saturday (kick-off 2pm).