Anxious time for Fakenham rugby
Fakenham 6, Stowmarket 19Fakenham missed an opportunity for a win to increase anxieties about staying in EC1. In the next few weeks they have some tough fixtures against sides all above them in the league, such as Wisbech next away, Holt, and Lowestoft & Yarmouth.
Fakenham 6, Stowmarket 19
Fakenham missed an opportunity for a win to increase anxieties about staying in EC1.
In the next few weeks they have some tough fixtures against sides all above them in the league, such as Wisbech next away, Holt, and Lowestoft & Yarmouth.
Selection has been very difficult with numerous experienced players unavailable due to injury, but on Saturday the side selected was determined and showed passion under pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Stowmarket opened the score with a penalty but Fakenham were soon back on equal terms with a penalty converted by J Bayne-Young from near halfway. At this point Fakenham played well, neither side really capitalising on the other's mistakes until Stow managed to score just before half time: 6-15.
Fakenham started the second half well with good surging runs by Peter Underwood who has only been promoted to the team recently. With each game he is becoming a force to be reckoned with. Another force who was playing in a new position was Jono Strong, with good powerful tackles ably supported by Graham Aldridge celebrating his 21st.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Under constant pressure and reduced to 14 men through lack of discipline, Fakenham - however hard they tried- could not score and gave Stowmarket another penalty: 6-19.
Again it's the youngsters that are proving to have the determination, and it is hoped they continue to play together as his will be a good stepping stone.