Anxious time for Fakenham rugby
Fakenham 6, Stowmarket 19Fakenham missed an opportunity for a win to increase anxieties about staying in EC1. In the next few weeks they have some tough fixtures against sides all above them in the league, such as Wisbech next away, Holt, and Lowestoft & Yarmouth.
Fakenham 6, Stowmarket 19
Fakenham missed an opportunity for a win to increase anxieties about staying in EC1.
In the next few weeks they have some tough fixtures against sides all above them in the league, such as Wisbech next away, Holt, and Lowestoft & Yarmouth.
Selection has been very difficult with numerous experienced players unavailable due to injury, but on Saturday the side selected was determined and showed passion under pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Stowmarket opened the score with a penalty but Fakenham were soon back on equal terms with a penalty converted by J Bayne-Young from near halfway. At this point Fakenham played well, neither side really capitalising on the other's mistakes until Stow managed to score just before half time: 6-15.
Fakenham started the second half well with good surging runs by Peter Underwood who has only been promoted to the team recently. With each game he is becoming a force to be reckoned with. Another force who was playing in a new position was Jono Strong, with good powerful tackles ably supported by Graham Aldridge celebrating his 21st.
- 1 Rescue drama as yacht cut adrift after losing power
- 2 North Norfolk brewery uses lockdown to create its strongest ever beer
- 3 Councillors back lido proposal but want more detailed plans
- 4 Firm making glass canaries to celebrate promotion doubles its stock
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
Under constant pressure and reduced to 14 men through lack of discipline, Fakenham - however hard they tried- could not score and gave Stowmarket another penalty: 6-19.
Again it's the youngsters that are proving to have the determination, and it is hoped they continue to play together as his will be a good stepping stone.