Battling Acle Reserves have to settle for a point
- Credit: Archant
Acle Reserves drew 3-3 with high-flying Yelverton in their last home game of the season.
A bright opening saw Acle create the better chances and Tooley opened the scoring after eight minutes when he latched on to a lofted pass and lobbed the ball into the net.
Yelverton raised their game and equalised but Acle were ahead at the break when Collins-Reed rose well to head the ball goalwards, with Sayer on hand to follow up.
Against the run of play Yelverton equalised again only for Acle to go back in front five minutes later with another fine finish from young striker Tooley after a superb pass from Colk.
The home defence was being excellently marshalled by Collins-Reed and Acle looked very assured and comfortable at the back but Yelverton equalised for a third time after 80 minutes to leave with a point.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves end their season with an away local derby at Blofield on May 1 (11am).
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 3 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 4 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 8 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 9 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop