Big win not to easy
Fakenham 59, Maldon 19THIS EDF Junior Vase match was not as easy for Fakenham as the scoreline suggests. The visitors were first to score following a good move from their pacey backs.
Fakenham 59, Maldon 19
THIS EDF Junior Vase match was not as easy for Fakenham as the scoreline suggests. The visitors were first to score following a good move from their pacey backs.
Fakenham hit back almost immediately when Williamson brushed away four tacklers to plunge under the posts for a converted try. His fellow centre Scuff Allen then took an excellent pass from him to score Fakenham's second try which Baldock again converted.
The Fakenham pack steadily grew in confidence marshalled by 55-year-old veteran Mark Wheeler at No 8 who broke down the line to score in the corner. The visitors scored after a superb break from their scrum half and excellent back-up from the back row.
You may also want to watch:
Excellent work in the second row from Curry and Glossop pushed the Maldon pack off the ball at will and their forays into the Maldon half pointed the way the game would end. At the outset of the second half this forward pressure led to tries by hooker Hoggie and Strong at blindside wing forward.
An excellent break from the Maldon left wing led to a try and conversion, making the score 31-19 with 10 minutes to go.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 3 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
A great run and good hands from Ginger Glossop saw Allen scoring under the posts and a similar break led to Williamson scoring under the posts almost from the re-start.
The dominance of the pack, with Odell in sparkling form, allowed Loxton to fall over on the ball for a pushover try. Finally Allen delivered the coup de grace, scoring his third.