Big win not to easy
Fakenham 59, Maldon 19THIS EDF Junior Vase match was not as easy for Fakenham as the scoreline suggests. The visitors were first to score following a good move from their pacey backs.
Fakenham 59, Maldon 19
THIS EDF Junior Vase match was not as easy for Fakenham as the scoreline suggests. The visitors were first to score following a good move from their pacey backs.
Fakenham hit back almost immediately when Williamson brushed away four tacklers to plunge under the posts for a converted try. His fellow centre Scuff Allen then took an excellent pass from him to score Fakenham's second try which Baldock again converted.
The Fakenham pack steadily grew in confidence marshalled by 55-year-old veteran Mark Wheeler at No 8 who broke down the line to score in the corner. The visitors scored after a superb break from their scrum half and excellent back-up from the back row.
You may also want to watch:
Excellent work in the second row from Curry and Glossop pushed the Maldon pack off the ball at will and their forays into the Maldon half pointed the way the game would end. At the outset of the second half this forward pressure led to tries by hooker Hoggie and Strong at blindside wing forward.
An excellent break from the Maldon left wing led to a try and conversion, making the score 31-19 with 10 minutes to go.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
A great run and good hands from Ginger Glossop saw Allen scoring under the posts and a similar break led to Williamson scoring under the posts almost from the re-start.
The dominance of the pack, with Odell in sparkling form, allowed Loxton to fall over on the ball for a pushover try. Finally Allen delivered the coup de grace, scoring his third.