Boost for young bowlers at Fakenham
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters at a Fakenham indoor bowling club are on a roll after receiving a donation from UK Power Networks.
The company has given the club a £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money to Gallow Indoor Bowls Club following an application from employee Jeff Tucker, who is the junior coach and whose daughter Shannon plays for Gallow in various teams.
Jeff, a field staff superviser, said: “I have coached the eight to 16 year-old juniors at the club weekly for the past year, but we have needed to borrow some of the equipment for our sessions.
“We are planning to use the money to buy training aids for the children including a foam scoring wedge and bowls jacks. It will help develop their overall game, concentrating on line and length of delivery.
You may also want to watch:
“There can be a perception that bowls is a game for older people, but we have a number of youngsters at the club.”
- 1 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 2 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 6 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 9 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 10 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat