Brewster blow as Wells are beaten on the road
- Credit: PA
The Seasiders travelled to East Harling on Saturday without key players through injury and the result didn’t reflect the match and how the visitors played.
A 15th minute foul on Ross Brewster gave the visitors a penalty but this was saved by the home keeper and to make matters worse the injury ended Brewster’s involvement.
Prior to the interval the visitors had a penalty converted for handball in the area, making the score 1-0 at the interval. As the match official blew up for the break Wells lost Adam Dagless with a broken nose, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.
The now depleted team battled hard and continued to create chances but failed to convert these into goals and the hosts grabbed a couple more late goals to kill off the contest.
Wells, who are now out of the promotion race, host Yelverton on Saturday (2.30pm) while Hoveton Wherrymen visit on Tuesday at 7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
Wells Reserves travelled to Necton on Saturday in the last match of the season and lost 7-2.
Going into the interval the scores were level with Jack Castlo and Jay Myhill finding the net.
- 1 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 6 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 7 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 10 Lidl manager 'speechless' after stranger gives her flowers
The second period was one to forget as the hosts added five goals with no further reply.