Brewster blow as Wells are beaten on the road
- Credit: PA
The Seasiders travelled to East Harling on Saturday without key players through injury and the result didn’t reflect the match and how the visitors played.
A 15th minute foul on Ross Brewster gave the visitors a penalty but this was saved by the home keeper and to make matters worse the injury ended Brewster’s involvement.
Prior to the interval the visitors had a penalty converted for handball in the area, making the score 1-0 at the interval. As the match official blew up for the break Wells lost Adam Dagless with a broken nose, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.
The now depleted team battled hard and continued to create chances but failed to convert these into goals and the hosts grabbed a couple more late goals to kill off the contest.
Wells, who are now out of the promotion race, host Yelverton on Saturday (2.30pm) while Hoveton Wherrymen visit on Tuesday at 7.30pm
Wells Reserves travelled to Necton on Saturday in the last match of the season and lost 7-2.
Going into the interval the scores were level with Jack Castlo and Jay Myhill finding the net.
- 1 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast to pass over Norfolk
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 7 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 10 More details revealed on replacement for beloved coastal railway
The second period was one to forget as the hosts added five goals with no further reply.