Brewster blow as Wells are beaten on the road
- Credit: PA
The Seasiders travelled to East Harling on Saturday without key players through injury and the result didn’t reflect the match and how the visitors played.
A 15th minute foul on Ross Brewster gave the visitors a penalty but this was saved by the home keeper and to make matters worse the injury ended Brewster’s involvement.
Prior to the interval the visitors had a penalty converted for handball in the area, making the score 1-0 at the interval. As the match official blew up for the break Wells lost Adam Dagless with a broken nose, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.
The now depleted team battled hard and continued to create chances but failed to convert these into goals and the hosts grabbed a couple more late goals to kill off the contest.
Wells, who are now out of the promotion race, host Yelverton on Saturday (2.30pm) while Hoveton Wherrymen visit on Tuesday at 7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
Wells Reserves travelled to Necton on Saturday in the last match of the season and lost 7-2.
Going into the interval the scores were level with Jack Castlo and Jay Myhill finding the net.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
The second period was one to forget as the hosts added five goals with no further reply.