Brewster blow as Wells are beaten on the road
- Credit: PA
The Seasiders travelled to East Harling on Saturday without key players through injury and the result didn’t reflect the match and how the visitors played.
A 15th minute foul on Ross Brewster gave the visitors a penalty but this was saved by the home keeper and to make matters worse the injury ended Brewster’s involvement.
Prior to the interval the visitors had a penalty converted for handball in the area, making the score 1-0 at the interval. As the match official blew up for the break Wells lost Adam Dagless with a broken nose, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.
The now depleted team battled hard and continued to create chances but failed to convert these into goals and the hosts grabbed a couple more late goals to kill off the contest.
Wells, who are now out of the promotion race, host Yelverton on Saturday (2.30pm) while Hoveton Wherrymen visit on Tuesday at 7.30pm
You may also want to watch:
Wells Reserves travelled to Necton on Saturday in the last match of the season and lost 7-2.
Going into the interval the scores were level with Jack Castlo and Jay Myhill finding the net.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 3 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 4 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 5 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 8 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 9 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 10 The show WILL go on - Student production of Little Women to go ahead
The second period was one to forget as the hosts added five goals with no further reply.