Brewster blow as Wells are beaten on the road
- Credit: PA
The Seasiders travelled to East Harling on Saturday without key players through injury and the result didn’t reflect the match and how the visitors played.
A 15th minute foul on Ross Brewster gave the visitors a penalty but this was saved by the home keeper and to make matters worse the injury ended Brewster’s involvement.
Prior to the interval the visitors had a penalty converted for handball in the area, making the score 1-0 at the interval. As the match official blew up for the break Wells lost Adam Dagless with a broken nose, leaving him requiring hospital treatment.
The now depleted team battled hard and continued to create chances but failed to convert these into goals and the hosts grabbed a couple more late goals to kill off the contest.
Wells, who are now out of the promotion race, host Yelverton on Saturday (2.30pm) while Hoveton Wherrymen visit on Tuesday at 7.30pm
Wells Reserves travelled to Necton on Saturday in the last match of the season and lost 7-2.
Going into the interval the scores were level with Jack Castlo and Jay Myhill finding the net.
- 1 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 2 Fancy dress runners brave elements for Pensthorpe festive 5K
- 3 Your Say: What do Fakenham people think of Norwich Street 'carbuncle'?
- 4 Hundreds gather for return of Wells Christmas Tide Festival
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Sports centre hopes to unite members old and new for 50th anniversary
- 7 Parts of Norfolk could see 60mph winds as Storm Barra hits
- 8 How this north Norfolk cargo ship evaded the Nazis
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Strong winds to continue as police issue flooding and debris warning
The second period was one to forget as the hosts added five goals with no further reply.